The “There’s an App for that” claim for the iPhone makes me cringe. How many of the Apps we have in our mobile devices do we actually use?
I am not a good exmaple to start with as I am not an early adopter of anything technical and I tend to stay away from what the crowd goes for, so any Apple device is a no go area for me. I have though not too long ago acquired an Android powered device which I really like. I have browsed the Android App store up and down and tested a number of Apps, some cool stuff but I only keep the ones I actually use.
Here is my humble short list of favourites
- Gmail App (native to Android)
- Peep (for Twitter)
- Facebook (on the mobile browser)
- Orkut (on the mobile browser)
- Google Maps (use it a lot in conjunction with GPS)
- Google Calendar sync (native to Android)
- Music player (native to Android)
- File Browser
- gStrings (Guitar tuner)
- Youtube (native to Android)
- Droid Locator
- A couple of games
- Daily Sudoku (Embarrassing I know, but great for calming my ADHD)
How overloaded is your mobile? What are your must have Apps?